Military Precision Lensatic Compass
The Dial is divided into two scales:
- Outer - (black printing) graduated in mils.
- 6400 mils to a circle
- Distance between black marks = 20 mils
- Distance between black numerals = 200 mils
- N=64(6400), e=16(1600), S=32(3200), W=48(4800) mils
- Inner - (red printing) graduated in degrees
- 360 degrees to a circle
- Distance between red marks = 5 degrees
- Distance between red numerals - 20 degrees
- N-0, E=90, S=180, W=270 degrees
- Scale Edge - 5-inch ruled scale (120 millimeters). Graduated at a ratio of 1:50,000.
- Lens: High quality magnifier (about 2.5 inch focal length)